Ampers&

May 27, 2014

Here's a piece I worked on for my current graphics class for uni. We were basically asked to create a "diagram" depicting our design journey or design approach. What I wanted to show in my diagram was that my design approach isn't a one way street. I like to drabble in many different things and usually my designs consists of bringing really different elements together. To show this, I chose to go with my favourite character - the Ampersand.

In class, we were asked to create a few ideas for the diagram and I ended up with 3.

  1. The ampersand 
  2. Gemstones (using it as a metaphor with all the different facets)
  3. Constellations (looking at different connections and parts to create different images)

Ironically, I ended up using all these ideas into one (see, putting separate elements together!) and created the above. The way I've designed it was to show the different things I will show in my end portfolio (which is the final assignment) and the different sizes of the dots show which ones I have more experience in.

Also, I quite like the naked image behind the constellations -



If I do end up incorporating this image into my portfolio, I would use it as a navigational device with these images - showing each section -



Here are some mock ups leading up to the final design:






No comments:

Powered by Blogger.