Taupes of Thirty Degrees Celcius

December 28, 2012
Forgive the pun.
If you get it.










Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell (via Solestruck) | Shirt - Cotton On | Skirt - random asian brand | Sunglasses - Rubi | Studded Cuff - Colette | Bracelets + Rings - Diva

What does one do upon receiving their first pair of JC's? (other than instagram)
Outfit post. And finally too.

So let's begin the story about these rose gold studded bad boys.


I was asked what I wanted for Christmas and I literally had no idea - until I looked back at my NastyGal wantlist (ironically these were bought from Solestruck thinking that there was free shipping but didn't realise it was for orders over $199 .. oops. Almost freaked out too because they were running out of sizes everywhere reallllly quickly) and was reminded of these Jeffrey Campbell HOMG flatform sneaker in Taupe/Rose Gold Studs. I always thought my first Jeffrey Campbells would be Litas but I have still yet to decide which Lita to get or if I even want them anymore. But these, I had decided on them a long time ago. Also, the 2 inch platform really helps for people vertically challenged like me (I'm about 163cm)



Prior to deciding which size to tell my gift giver, I did some research - as anyone should before purchasing online. Apparently these run small -  a whole size small. My dilemma was that I'm a 7.5 (US size) in shoes and these were only sold in whole sizes. So many reviews say to size up one whole size, or one and a half. Sometimes I fit a 7, sometimes I fit an 8. So I just went safe and picked a 9 since my feet aren't narrow either. When I finally got them I tried them on and they were a tad big. They fit well but slid off a bit while walking. I tried inserting insoles but they made the shoes toooo tight. So I solved it by wearing two socks on each foot :D


They are a tad heavy but nothing you can't handle. I spent a day shopping and driving in them so they're not difficult to use daily. You'd definitely need to wear socks that cover the ankle since they are hi-tops. They definitely are a statement piece but the casual form of a sneaker evens out the shouty gold studs. They took less than two weeks to be sent from Solestruck to here in Sydney. When I opened the box for the first time, they screamed quality. Definitely getting your money's worth.

Oh and to elaborate more on the weird title - it seriously was a reaaaally hot day with tops of 37-40 degrees. Not sure if my decision to wear pleather was a good choice that day.



Shots by my sister Kristen.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.