Young Volcanoes

May 20, 2014

Someone please tell me volcanoes is the correct way to spell it? The more I look at the word, the more it looks strange and I begin to doubt my spelling skills.


Anyway, here's a piece of hand lettering that has been sitting around for months. It was conceived last year in August during a workshop I attended at Work-Shop run by the amazing Gemma O'brien. During the workshop we were told to pick a favourite phrase or name to create our own hand-lettering masterpiece. Panicking, I picked the first song title that popped into my head at the time - Young Volcanoes by Fall Out Boy. After the night of the workshop the sketch was rolled up and left in my drawer and I finaaaally got around to transferring it onto Illustrator this year.

Pretty proud of the outcome. I admit it's not the smoothest Illustrator-pen-tool job but I'm working on it!



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.