Word Vomit (in the form of balsa)

August 28, 2012
This week is pretty busy with something due each day I have uni. The worst day has thankfully passed - Monday has two projects due and one of these was a balsa wood project. Balsa wood is basically a very light (almost foam-like) wood and is something I never, ever want to use again. 3D is not my strength, I'm more faithful to the two dimensional world, but I think for this project I did better than expected.






We needed to create an "exotopic" and "endotopic" model. So my chosen concept was Word Vomit, the exotopic model being the actual vomit and the endotopic model being the thought process before this purging of unintentional words. I chose it since I'm pretty obsessed with typography so I wanted to do something where I could play with letters. This project brought out my foul-mouthing impatient self - I went through several " the quick brown fox" cutouts with so many snapping. I'm just glad its over. I have two more things to be handed in this week so blogging is the last thing I should be doing...



LQ photo of what my presentation looked like - (the images on the grey wall on the top left aren't mine)



Perspective drawings done on illustrator


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.