Downward Spiral of Procrastination

August 28, 2012
Usually before I turn in for the day I give myself a list of things I need to accomplish for the next day. It's already 7PM and nothing on that list has been ticked. It all started with shopping for materials needed for a studio assignment. Being the broke university student that I am, I went into my local St Vinnies to find some second hand piece of clothing with the material I wanted. I didn't find it. But instead I found a brightly coloured check blazer and a multi-pastel knit jumper - all coming down to a reasonable total of $14.






 Fell in love with the bright mustard and teal with the tinge of red in this blazer. Had to take out its massive shoulder pads. The gold buttoning was also an influential factor behind its purchase.




 Immediate thoughts upon setting eyes on this jumper - "PASTEL RAINBOW"


I guess I bought these because I have this neverending collection of blazers which are predominantly black and an unhealthy habit of buying anything with multiple pastel colours. So these pieces I will definitely be wearing. I did pretty well considering 90% of things I buy from thrift stores I never wear.

I got home (and did the normal thing any bored girl would do), took advantage of the rare winter sun and took photos of them. This then lead into reminiscent thoughts about blogging and hence the start of this new blog. THIS took hours. Deciding on everything from the typeface of the "d" on the header image to the blog title. So I ended up on Illustrator and Photoshop, cooking up that header image and also on several HTML101 sites because I had totally lost my custom-HTML skills.

So, this is probably why I stopped blogging three years ago..

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.