A Positive From a Negative*

March 17, 2015
*pun intended.



So I bought my little mini Diana lomography camera years ago - had a bit of a dabble in the not-so-instant film way of life and once I had developed my first roll - my dreams of being a super cool film photographer were shattered.

One photo came out well. Out of 24.

After a few days of wallowing in my pile of super blurry and dark printed photos, I accepted the fact that this was just a usual rite of passage into the Lomography club. It takes practice and its definitely much more difficult to use than an iPhone camera paired with Afterlight or a DSLR camera with all its nifty automated options (as you can sort of tell, I am in no way a professional photographer in anyway - not even an amateur either). So I did a little research and found that I was doing everything wrong - from picking out the right film to use (they have different speeds and everything!), how to use the focus dial, determining whether the lighting would be good or bad and not buying a flash in the first place.

So then I bought a flash, practiced a little more and I found myself slowly working my way down the road to Success, Lomogaphyville.

So here are some shots I feel were quite successful. Feast your eyes on some beautiful people I call my friends and pretty things (which were not done justice through my shaky mini Diana lens) -


Dianna's 21st
(in which we, fittingly, also gifted her a Diana camera)



 

 




Brunch at the Grounds of Alexandria




Other random snaps





Expect more of these! I've just put three more rolls to be developed and fingers, toes, arms, hairs crossed that they turn out well!


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.