Straight Lines, They Unwind You

January 22, 2015

As of late, I've realised I've come to an important year of my life. Big decisions will be made and major changes will take place.

So how am I dealing with these things so far?

Not so good. So many things are going through my mind and while I like to think I'm adaptable to change - I've realised one thing. Change is easy for me when it is something that happens to me - but initiating change? That's a whole other story.


But what I can be completely sure about - is the fact that I have an amazing array of support around me - from my family, my friends and my boyfriend. They've always been supportive of the decisions I make and are there to give me advice on things I struggle with. With this thought, it pains me to witness so many other people out there who don't have the love and support of family and friends. I guess that's why the above quote "Is there somebody who can watch you?" from the 1975 song resonated to me. It reminded me to be thankfully for the people around me and made me also think o the person I can be for others.

//////

Sidenote: I've managed to distract myself from such decisions by actually trying to enjoy my holidays. I went to see The 1975 live and it was life changing. I'd seen them before during Splendour in the Grass last year, but I knew only two of their songs. But since then I fell in love with their music and they're just so amazing live! As the months led up to the gig, I found myself constantly listening to them and doodling some lyrics (as seen above). Shall post more typography -I'm getting better! I do need to experiment with different styles though - suggestions are great!!

Til next time,
R.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.