The Rhythm of the Night

June 26, 2014

Earlier in the year I remember a late night at a friend's house and we were all lounging about watching TV half asleep. Suddenly one of Bastille's festival sets came up and I remember how majestic it all looked and how amazing it would be to see them live. Months later, I was gleefully presented by a ticket for their June concert by the same friends from that night and I couldn't have thanked them more. 




It was as amazing as I imagined it to be and the experience was a thousand fold more amazing than watching them on TV. They're definitely a band that sounds better live than on record. Alison Wonderland and Foxes did an amazing job as supports and I was very surprised (and somewhat annoyed) by the amount of very very young teenage Bastille fangirls who were on their phones the whole damn time (okay fine, more annoyed than surprised.) You can spot the girl's phone in front of me in that last GIF - that was my view for almost half the night.

Nonetheless, they played amazingly and was disappointed that it felt so short - but I'm just happy they at least performed "Of the Night", "Pompeii", "Flaws" and "Laura Palmer". Definitely a band to see.

I think I'll definitely do more of these typography on GIF posts with all of my other goPRO footage - I feel a bit lazy editing full length videos (but might do them in the future). Next one up will be Ellie Goulding's concert!

BASTILLE - Hordern Pavillion Sydney - 14 June 2014

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.