Chevron Sanctuary

October 02, 2014


Around March earlier this year I totally redid my room - no, wait let's rephrase. I started to redo my room. The process is a never-ending chore, but I'm hoping to eventually get around to finishing it. Things first started when I decided to rid of my ghastly pink walls (think the Simpsons donut pink) and paint them white. But I could not end with just that! No, no, no. After having my eyes glued to pinterest I finally decided that I wanted a white and gold chevron feature wall. It took about a week to do, but it was so worth it.






I then proceeded to replace a lot of my furniture to smaller, compact and mobile pieces because my room is tiny. I literally only had about 2sqm of walking space with my previous furniture. Since I work at IKEA, its no surprise all of my new furniture comes from there. I am eyeing a new wardrobe (my current one is ancient) and some wall storage. Here are some pieces I do own now:

1. MALM dressing table 2. TOBIAS chair 3. BILLY bookcase 4. ALEX drawer unit 5. KNUBBIG lamp 6. ENDISIG vase 7. LEKMAN box 8. SKURAR candle dish (used to hold jewellery) 9. SKURAR plant pot (used to hold pens).





Many of the other items I have around my dressing table and bookcase are predominantly from Typo (I'm in that store way too much) and from thrift stores (that glasses holder was only $2 at Reverse Garbage!) And as you can tell, I have a obsession over gold, white, black and clear. Some say the gold is getting a bit much hehe.





Half a year later I still have 2 blank walls where I hope to attach some sort of shelving and picture frames on to, but I think that will need to wait til the Summer holidays.
But til then, I've grown a liking to my new room - I definitely spend more time in it nowadays but I really have to start throwing or selling some things because I own too much stuff!




Oh! and since taking these photos, I've added some curtains (also from IKEA as expected) and attached lights and such :)



Will put up another post when I've finally completed my room (let's give it 4 months tops)!



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.